Muang Thong United 4-0 Tampines Rovers (11/05/2011)

Bangkok: Two goals from Anon Sangsanoi guided Muang Thong United to a 4-0 victory over Tampines Rovers as they secured top billing in Group G of the AFC Cup and a home game in the round of 16.

Christian Kouakou and Jakkapan Pornsai scored the other goals as the Thai side took full advantage when Rovers were reduced to 10 men following Mohammad Imran's red card for use of the elbow early in the second-half.

It sees Muang Thong end their group campaign unbeaten with four wins and two draws while Rovers finish second and must travel to Iraq to face Arbil in the next round.

The teams started the game at the Thunderdome Stadium tied on 11 points and chances were at a premium in the first-half as Rovers played five in defence in a bid to frustrate their opponents.

The home side had the first chance after eight minutes when Kouakou burst into the box and beat goalkeeper Hassan Sunny but could not get the ball past the final defender.

Weerawut Kayem then put a cross into the box which Kouakou controlled but was unable to find a team-mate while four minutes later, he unleashed a volley from 20 yards which the keeper caught.

Twelve minutes from half-time Anon curled a 20-yard shot against the bar before forcing the Tampines keeper to parry the ball and he managed to smother before Kouakou could pounce.

Aliff Shafaein was narrowly wide a minute later as Rovers responded when play started to open up.

Anon blasted over the bar before his side failed to take advantage of a five against two counter-attack.

United found more room in the second-half and six minutes in Kouakou, was released down the left-hand side, beat his man and poked over the keeper for the opener.

Two minutes later Rovers went down a man when midfielder Imran was given a straight red for elbowing.

The game was one-way traffic from then on and in the 60th minute, Weerawut dribbled half the pitch before laying off for Kouakou whose shot from 15 yards was parried by the keeper to his right but an oncoming Anon collected and rifled home.

Three minutes later, Anon just missed with a bicycle kick but as the game entered the final 20 minutes, Jakkapan broke down the left side, shook off his man and angled a shot into the far corner for the third goal. Anon the added the fourth and final strike for Muang Thong in the 85th minute .

Source :