Buriram PEA back on top (02/05/2011)

Buriram PEA maintained their three point lead at the top of the table when they edged Army United 2-1 in the Thai Premier League at the I-Mobile stadium yesterday .

A big crowd packed into the stadium and roared their delight when Yves Ekwalla from Cameroon opened the scoring for the Thunder Castle in the 24th minute with a superb long-range shot.

But the team could not add to their tally and the score remained 1-0 at half-time.

Army United fought back well after the break and equalised through Rafael Santana in the 58th minute.

It was the first goal that the Buriram goalkeeper, Sivaluk Therdsungnern had conceded in 730 minutes.

Buriram went back in front when substitute Adisak Klaisorn headed home a cross from Teerathorn Boonmathan to make it 2-1.

It was enough to put Buriram back on top of the table after Chonburi had occupied the top slot for 24 hours.

At Mahasarakam stadium, Khon Kaen FC suffered a disappointing 2-1 home defeat to Insee Police United who moved into third place.

Police went ahead with a goal from Charkrit Buathong in the 51st minute and then an own goal by Jattupol Sithiloh gave the visitors a 2-0 lead.

Khon Kaen got a late consolation goal from Sarawut Vichien.

At Leo stadium, the host, Bangkok Glass FC defeated bottom-placed Sri Racha FC 3-1.

Saran Promkaewgave the Glass Rabbit a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute before Attapol Nuprom equalised in the 34th minute.

Bangkok Glass got on top in the second half with goals from Japan's Hironori Saruta in the 67th minute and Peerapong Pichitchotirat just before full time.

At Mae Fah Luang stadium, Chiang Rai United defeated Pattaya United 3-1. Chiang Rai went ahead through Edvaldo in the 14th minute and Thavatchai Thonghuad added a second in the 30th minute.

Pattaya pulled one back through Ittipol Poosup in the 48th minute but Wasan Natasan made it 3-1 in the closing seconds of the match .

Source : http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/234893/buriram-pea-back-on-top