Sharks show their teeth against Si Sa Ket (18/04/2011)

Chonburi maintained their challenge in the Thai Premier League in emphatic style yesterday with a 5-0 thrashing of Si Sa Ket while defending champions Muang Thong United continued their climb up the table with a 2-0 win over SCG Samut Songkhram .

At Chonburi stadium, the Sharks controlled the game from the start and went ahead in the 22nd minute with a goal from Vladimir Ribic.

Chonburi kept up the pressure and Pipob On-mo made it 2-0 in the 38th minute.

After the break the Sharks showed no signs of letting up with Adul Lasoh making it 3-0 in the 53rd minute.Two more goals from substitute Sukree Etae (76, 82) rounded off the scoring to give Chonburi a firm grip on second place, three points behind leaders Buriram PEA.

After a poor start to the season, defending champions Muang Thong United appear to be getting into their stride and notched their fifth victory of the season against Samut Songkhram.

The Kirin took the lead in the 40th minute when Miroslav Toth was fouled in the area and Dagno Siaka stepped up to convert the penalty.

Muang Thong continued to put the pressure on after the break and Toth scored with a superb volley in the 57th minute to make it 2-0 to move his team up into fourth place.

At Thammasat University stadium, Insee Police United climbed into third place by edging BEC Tero Sasana 1-0, the only goal coming from Chakrit Buathong in the 56th minute

At Leo stadium, the host, Bangkok Glass FC defeated the bottom side Siam Navy 4-0. Sarayuth Chaikamdee put the Glass Rabbit ahead after 23 minutes and the score remained 1-0 at half-time.

Bangkok Glass pushed home their advantage in the 71st minute with a goal from Sutee Suksomkij and Saruta Hironori completed the scoring with two well-taken goals (82, 90).

At Rajabhat Mahasarakham stadium, the host, Khon Kaen defeated Chiang Rai 3-2 in an entertaining match.

Khon Kaen took the lead in the 11th minute through Kumpeng Sayawuthi, but Chiang Rai equalised when Panupong Aramviroj scored after 28 minutes. A minute before half time, Khon Kaen regained the lead through Jattupol Luthiloh.

In the second half, Khon Kaen extend their lead in the 49th minute with a bizarre long-range effort, Kumpeng Sayawuthi hoofed the ball away from well inside his own half only for the visiting goalkeeper to totally misjudge the flight and let in a very soft goal.

Kumpee Pintakul pulled one back for Chiang Ri in the 62nd minute but Khon Kaen held on for three valuable points which puts them into 10th place .

Source :