Leaders Chonburi FC fight back to rescue a point in Saraburi (27/02/2011)

Muang Thong United began the defence of their Thai Premier League title with a scoreless draw at Bangkok Glass yesterday.

Both sides had chances in an entertaining match at a packed Leo stadium.

Early on Bangkok Glass' Japanese player Kunihiko Takisawa saw his shot blocked by Thailand defender Nataporn Phanrit.

In the 23rd minute, Glass' new signing Sarayuth Chaikamdee made a long-range drive which went just wide.

Muang Thong striker Anon Sangsanoi came close to scoring twice but his attempts were saved by Glass goalkeeper Krissana Klangklin.

Both teams were reduced to 10 men after 83 minutes when Muang Thong midfielder Datsakorn Thonglao and Glass' Moussa Sylla were sent off.

The stalemate ended Muang Thong's losing streak following their losses in the King's Trophy match and the AFC Champions League qualifying.

The defeats led to Muang Thong coach Carlos Roberto Carvalho being removed to oversee the club's academy.

Manager Robert Procuerer is caretaker coach as Muang Thong are in talks with candidates for the coaching job.

At Saraburi stadium, Osotspa M-150 Saraburi held leaders Chonburi to a 2-2 draw.

The Sharks got their first goal from veteran Therdsak Chaiman in the 12th minute but Pipat Tonkanya equalised five minutes later.

The hosts went in front through Anirut Sueyam after 79 minutes only for Japanese Higuchi to get a point for the Sharks.

At Chon Buri Physical Education stadium, Navy lost 3-1 to promoted Chiang Rai United.

The northern side got the first goal in the 26th minute from Suasa da Silva before Navy equalised before half-time.

Chiang Rai got two more goals from Gilson Dias and Wasant Natasan in the second half to finish off the hosts.

At Phichit stadium, TTM FC Phichit lost 2-1 to BEC Tero Sasana.

BEC got off to a fast start with two goals in the first 15 minutes from Ronnachai Rangsiyo and Udojo Ekele.

South Korean Miang Jin Ho pulled one goal back for the hosts in the 26th minute.

At Samut Songkhram stadium, SCG Samut Songkhram came back from one goal down to beat Si Sa Ket 2-1.

Source : http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/223674/muang-thong-and-glass-share-spoils